Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Afghan



Starting a crocheted 2016 temperature guage afghan. Every day you crochet a row for that days temperature. 

I'm going to do a granny stripped afghan using the Vanna's Choice yarn and size J hook. 

I've been seeing a lot of this pic showing up on my facebook feed:
The colors and temperatures don't really go with the picture shown but I think it's just an example. 

I've made my own temperature adjustments and have come up with my own 18 color chart. 

Here in Michigan we get all the different weather temperatures. Sometimes all in one day. For this afghan I will be using the day's high temperature. 

I found this site to use as a guide for my afghan. I find it to be very useful: 
http://easycrochetpattern.blogspot.com/2012/10/crochet-granny-stripe-afghan-tutorial.html?m=1

Following the directions in the site I started with a base of chains and then a row of sc. 

I did 233ch, then sc in 2nd ch from hook and sc in each ch across. 

After completing the first three days I decided to tear it apart and start over using hdc. I think for me the dc would make the afghan too long. I won't be able to tell I think until the end of the month how long it might turn out to be. I want my afghan to fit on top of a full size bed. 

Here's a picture of three rows completed for January 1, 2 & 3. Jan 1st high was 28° using Vanna's Choice color dusty blue. Jan 2nd: 34° and Jan 3rd: 34° both using color silver blue. 


The beige is not a week, it is my base foundation. I think I may finish off the ends with this color. 

Okay, here is my color chart I came up with for my temperature afghan.

I've decided to keep track of each day's weather in a notebook and on Sunday's I will do my crocheting. 

So, today, Sunday, January 10th, I crocheted seven rows for January 4 to 10 and this is the afghan so far. 

By the end of the year I will have myself a new afghan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment