Sunday, July 26, 2015

Tank Top


Bought a men's tank top at Target today. Bought it because I wanted something roomy to wear on these hot hot summer days we are having here in Michigan. 

To start off with I turned it inside out, using an old tank top as a guide to pin where I will be taking in the sides. 

The pin at the top, at the bottom of the arm pit, is where I will start sewing from. 
I purposely insert that first pin up and down at the place I want to start sewing at. That way I can insert the sewing machine needle right there and pull the pin out before sewing. 

I'll start my stitich there and just keep sewing down until stitching gradually runs off the shirt. I'm going to use the longest stitch on my machine, which has been working out okay with knits. 





Then do the same for the other side. 
Try it on to see if any adjustments need to be made. 

If all is good, if you want cut off the excess so the sides lay smoothly. 

Its ready to wear!



This last one is the best selfie one that turned out where you can see the tank top alright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment