Thursday, September 22, 2011

Buying Nothing in October

I just found out about this Buy Nothing New in the month of October (except for necessities).
This started out in Australia and according to the site they say to:
"Pledge to Buy Nothing New this October, then with the exception of essentials (food, drink, medications, hygiene products) you can beg, borrow, barter, swap or buy secondhand whatever you need. You just buy nothing new."

I think this sounds like a good idea to try out and maybe save a few bucks here and there since this week I felt like I have been broker than broke. Thank goodness tomorrow is payday.

My son needs to decide soon what he wants to be for Halloween and Youmacon this year so I can make sure I have everything I need before October gets here. But then I can always buy secondhand supplies. It's been a while since I've gone thrift store shopping.

2 comments: