Monday, May 30, 2011

Flea Market Frenzy


The Flea Market Frenzy show didn't turn out as expected. The weather that day was great and there was a beer fest in Frankenmuth that was about ten minutes away. The weather during the weeks before this had been cold. I think everyone was ready for the sun.

Most of the shoppers walking around were the vendors themselves. You win some you lose some.

Besides that, I did have a nice corner space. I was able to spread my handmade goods out for all to see. I even purchased a fold up 6' table for this show (and any future show that will allow a tent). The left half of my long table had my flea market type of things, like sewing patterns, yarn, crochet books, unused craft supplies, scrapbook paper, scrapbook stickers and supplies. The crafty type of things. Everything else was all handmade by me.

I got lots of complements about my handmade things from the other vendors. Most of what others were selling were antiques along with lots of handmade jewelry.

The day ended with a $17 profit which was all spent the following day at the movie theatre with my son. We saw the new Pirates of the Carribean movie along with my good friend.

I will have two shows in June. My next show is the next Art From The Heart on the second Friday of June of course. Then there is Fiesta Mexicana 2011 at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Flint, Mi, on June 25 & 26.

I took a rest from crafting but kept busy organizing my craft supplies. Well, some of them. Starting tomorrow the crafting will start once more. Still trying to decide what's first on the list. Hmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize I wrote so much. Did this on my handy dandy phone app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything you wrote!! Your set up looks great. You are right sometimes you win and sometimes not so much - but you did make enough money to go to the movies anyhow!!!

    ReplyDelete