Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mexican Lotteria Bottle Cap Magnets


Here are the bottle cap magnets. They are made from prints that were actually meant for scrabble pieces. These were printed from the computer and because of this I had cut the pictures out in rows then put a piece of packing tape over the strips. I did it this way so when it came time to pour the dimensional glue over them the print wouldn't run and look cloudy. After the packing tape step I just used a one inch circle punch to punch out my print, run the circle print through my xyron sticker maker, adhere the circle print to the inside of the bottle cap and last pour in some dimensional glue, I used Glossy Accents. It takes a good two days for the Glossy Accents to harden. I only waited one day so I was careful when I glued on the magnets to the backs. This time I used E6000 glue. This was the first time for me using this glue and I discovered how bad it smells. I think I'll stick with the hot glue gun. I'll be posting the sugar skulls soon, when I get a chance. They were fun making.

1 comment: